FAMILY LAKE ADVENTURES
You'll find plenty of family fun on Lake Glenville about 15 minutes south of Cedar Cliff lake. Lake Glenville boasts pristine waters, glistening sand beaches, and three waterfalls that can only be seen from the lake. Spanning six miles in length with twenty six miles of shoreline, Lake Glenville is the perfect escape from the everyday. Three other lakes are located near Cedar Cliff Lake, include Bear Creek Lake, Wolf Creek Lake, and Tenasee Creek Lake.
TOP 6 DAY TRIPS
1. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited Park in the U.S. Scenic drives, hikes, waterfalls are just 35 minutes away. Drive through the Park to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which is about 1.5 hours away.
2. Asheville is known for a vibrant arts scene, historic architecture, restaurants, breweries, shopping, the Biltmore House, Grove Park Inn, and is only one hour away.
3. The Blue Ridge Parkway is known as "America's Favorite Drive" with it's stunning views, hikes, and waterfalls. The Waynesville entrance to the Parkway is only 25 minutes away. Winter closures are possible, so always check ahead.
4. The nearby quaint mountain towns of Sylva, Dillsboro, and Bryson City provide many shopping and dining options. In Bryson City, you'll find the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad and Deep Creek (for hikes and waterfalls).
6. The Cherokee Indian Reservation is best known for Harrah's Cherokee Casino and the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Authentic Cherokee art and culture are abundant, and it's all just 30 minutes away.