TOP 6 DAY TRIPS
1. The Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited Park in the U.S. Scenic drives, hikes, waterfalls are just 35 minutes away. Drive through the Park to Gatlinburg, Tennessee, which is about 1.5 hours away.
2. Asheville is known for a vibrant arts scene, historic architecture, restaurants, breweries, shopping, the Biltmore House, Grove Park Inn, and is only one hour away.
3. The Blue Ridge Parkway is known as "America's Favorite Drive" with it's stunning views, hikes, and waterfalls. The Waynesville entrance to the Parkway is only 25 minutes away. Winter closures are possible, so always check ahead.
4. The nearby quaint mountain towns of Sylva, Dillsboro, and Bryson City provide many shopping and dining options. In Bryson City, you'll find the Great Smoky Mountain Railroad and Deep Creek (for hikes and waterfalls).
6. The Cherokee Indian Reservation is best known for Harrah's Cherokee Casino and the entrance to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Authentic Cherokee art and culture are abundant, and it's all just 30 minutes away.
FAMILY LAKE ADVENTURES
You'll find plenty of family fun on Cedar Cliff Lake, including boating, kayaking, fishing, paddleboarding, tubing, and swimming, Three other lakes are located near Cedar Cliff Lake, including Bear Creek Lake, Wolf Creek Lake, and Tenasee Creek Lake.